IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Birth of the Red Crane - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Birth of the Red Crane, Plot Story
Abel
post Jul 29 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,166

The stifling heat washed over the 6 dozen men, kneeled in the courtyard. A light breeze barely catching the cloth of the blue white dividers bearing the Crane Clans Mon, around its perimeter.

“The week’s heat had cause tempers to rise in recent days and rash decisions are often made in these times, and this may well be one”, thought Kakita Temchan, looking over to his commanding officer, Dai-Doji Kimatchi, sweat collecting on his brow, but not showing concern for the heat, “but I must believe that this is the correct course regardless” he clenched his jaw to symbolise his resolve.

Minutes passed, but they felt like hours in the beating sun, Then a man came onto the podium before the kneeling Samurai. “Lady Dansu apologises for keeping you waiting as long as she did, there are many things to deal with during these troubling times, as you well know, however she will see you now.” And the man bowed and shuffled backward as Lady Ningyou Dansu swept onto the stage, 6 dozen heads swept to the ground in respect for their Lord. Her attendants gracefully keeping pace with her, holding her long silks from touching the ground.

Dansu stood at the edge of the podium, dismissing her attendants, the new Lord of the Crane held her appearance well, using the powers of her mind to bear the overwhelming summer heat, and keep her composure. “Kimatchi-sama, please rise, what is it I can do for you and the 27th regiment?” Raising his head and returning to a stiff kneeling position, he replied “We have heard word that the reincarnation of our Lords enemy has returned and not just this, but he travels with the Council.” Dansu’s gut twisted at these words, she knew it would come, these men were fiercely loyal to Toshimoko and knew his feelings on Yuuri , and after Toshimoko’s death, they blamed everything on him and swore revenge. “All the men present here are alive due to Lord Toshimoko’s actions in the war with the Warlord, his leadership of the mercenaries that day allowed us to regroup within the walls of the Imperial City and hold ground, without him we all would be dead and unable to serve our Emperor further. Every one of them would lay their lives down to avenge the slight of our Lords Honour laid down by that filthy Ronin....”

Dansu sighed, as little as she liked Yuuri, this couldn’t come to pass. The current state of the Crane, due to the civil war growing within, was bad enough, but for an entire regiment of her most loyal warriors wandering off to seek revenge, she could not allow this. “That is correct Kimatchi-sama, he does once again walk the lands of the Jade Emperor, but this should not concern you at this current time, there are more pressing matters, such as the unrest in the east and the constant attacks from the shadow court of the Scorpion.” At this Dansu saw Kimatchi go to speak, reconsider his words then nod, “Yes my Lord, all these things are of deep import, however we are but one regiment of Samurai, you command many others, would you prevent us from avenging our Lords honour when you have enough soldiers to carry out the tasks you mentioned?”

Dansu now knew that a dangerous gambit had been played, in one court there was duty, their duty to their current lord and the other Honour, their honour for the departed Lord Toshimoko. Any decision from her at this point would be critical to further discussion. “Whilst you are correct that I have many other able Samurai, you are some of my best, Toshimoko himself spoke highly of you, I would be remiss to allow my best to be absent in these times.” Dansu knew that was nothing more than flattery to stall, and whilst that would probably work in the courts, it was nothing but time here. “You honour us, my Lord, however our duty to Lord Toshimoko outweighs our personal gain here. Please I beg of you allow us to seek vengeance”

Mentally calculating, Dansu began grabbing at as many straws of diplomacy as she could, however each one played out as nothing more than stalling tactics, she never really understood the deeper parts of Bushido and the problems it caused, but what she did know is that once honour needs satisfying, there would be no stopping it. But she was Daimyo and knew that is diplomacy would not work, then she would try to use duty against them, but she knew it was just walking through the motions.

“Kimatchi-sama and the 27th regiment, the needs of the Clan and your Lord are greater than the needs of your personal honour. Until such a time as the Crane Clan returns to order, I forbid you or any of your men to act upon or seek the vengeance you are asking for. You and your men are to return to the active duties that have been assigned to you and at the time I have mentioned you may again seek an audience with me to request vengeance once again. I hope this is understood”

Silence swept the courtyard, a gust of refreshing cool air blew though, “It is my Lord” replied Kimatchi, as in one swift action all 72 men reached for and drew their Tanto, and preceded to cut off their top-knots. “It is understood that you have no understanding of the needs of a Warrior.” Each man cut his hand and slid it down their breast, staining their mon with their blood, “We cannot follow a Lord who does not understand honour, and therefore declare ourselves ronin, no longer the 27th regiment, but now the Red Crane!” Each man stood, casting their top-knot to the ground and turned to leave until only Kimatchi remained, staring defiantly at Dansu. “We will kill Yuuri, believe this Ning..You...Dansu. You are no Lord, you pale in comparison to Toshimoko.”

As he turned to walk away, a final insult, Dansu’s patience broke and mentally reaching out and wrenching his Daisho away from him and holding it high in the air, “being as you are not a Samurai anymore Kimatchi, you will not be needing these, I will look after them until your....daughter is it? Is of age and I will explain to her the situation and give these to her, IF she can bear the shame to take them...”

Kimatchi scowled, and yelled “You are nothing more than Toshimoko’s who.....” and he went silent, Dansu’s mind disconnecting the synapses in his brain connecting to speech and at the same time two Terracotta warriors stepped out from behind the screens and approached him, roughly picked him up and threw him out.

“This will not end well,” Dansu thought to herself, “not at all...”

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:50 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins