IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A timley warning - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A timley warning
Rachael B
post Jan 30 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

My brothers and sisters,

Following a recent outing with her family and various companions Penny has discovered news of a possible assault upon our Ladys Haven. It came in the form of an amulet, which when investigated spoke of it's timely discovery as it was to protect its chosen wearer from this assault.

I can give you little to no information more than this at present and would ask that everyone take extra care when travelling to and from Haven.

If anyone is able to garner more information, please do. I fear this is a serious threat and I'm going to try and gain an audience, if not with our Lady directly, then with one of Her High Host to see if there is anything we can do to defend and protect our sacred Haven and all those that it shelters.

My prayers go with you all.
Go Gentle
Latona

[ooc: this has been brought to you by Sonof Plot Productions ™. I'm just waiting for confirmation that any comms should go to Lee ]

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 30 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Perhaps if Lady Shaehan didn't demand that we strive so hard to be as perfect as she, we'd be better placed to defend ourselves.

Rus

[ooc - I assume this is the plot for the 19th...]

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
post Feb 3 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

I thought only nice priests who want to serve Lady Shaehan and look after her could go to Haven? How can bad people attack it? Do we all need to make sure our pockets are empty before we go there, just in case?

Niya xxx

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 3 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Ezrekia @ Feb 3 2012, 03:18 PM) *
I thought only nice priests who want to serve Lady Shaehan and look after her could go to Haven? How can bad people attack it? Do we all need to make sure our pockets are empty before we go there, just in case?

Niya xxx

Certainly the way is barred to anyone who is not a priest of Shaehan, nice or not. That wouldn't stop some kind of ritual strike from outside, using an amulet someone had accidentally (or I suppose intentionally) carried there with them as a focus.

I wonder who would want to attack Shaehan, or her priests, though. Personally I'm hoping for demons because then I can smash their faces in.

Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Feb 3 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Jasper @ Jan 30 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Perhaps if Lady Shaehan didn't demand that we strive so hard to be as perfect as she, we'd be better placed to defend ourselves.
Rus

[ooc - I assume this is the plot for the 19th...]

Rus,

Our Lady knows that we all have our flaws, and loves us all the more for trying to do Her work despite them.

Haven is not just a place for Her priests and followers. Haven is much more than this. I think though, that we just see but a small part She has set aside for us to use.. take care of.

Haven is just that. A Haven. Her Haven and I am certain other parts of it are used by others that need Her protection, solice and compassion. Others we will never know or be aware of. A place where they can dream of Her, touch the ideals that we strive daily to hold true to.. Possibly with out even realising what or who they are being helped by. Any attack on our Ladys realm could threaten not just those of us from Primus, but anyone whose life Haven touches.

Go Gentle
Latona

(I believe so Jasper..)

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post
post Feb 3 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #6

Group:

so should we all make sure not to bring any kind of spiritual or other artefacts there?
Cecil Rowan

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 3 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #7

Arch-Enemy

Latona
I had previously been led to believe that Haven lay within the Valley of Life, Shaehan's home. Perhaps I'm wrong, they are only names for metaphysical concepts which exist within Shaehan herself after all, so I don't suppose it matters.
I've never learnt to commune but I'm due to meet with a friend of mine soon who is quite good at these things. I'll ask her to find out what she can.

Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 3 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

I'm doing what communing I can, but assuming you're asking who I think you are she's probably much better at it than me. I'll say as soon as I know anything, but it's going to take me a few days to get any meaningful answers.

One of the things I want to find out is whether the amulet I've got can be used to help people other than me be protected from the assault.

Penny

--

(( I've sent comms in, Sonof is going to answer them next week when he's gotten the LotS out of the way smile.gif ))

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 3 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Arch-Enemy

Yes, it is who you think it is. The timing is going to be tricky, but if everything works out, perfect.
Why aren't you writing in a funny hard-to-read colour?

Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 3 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Plot Dump NPC

I must've missed the day in seminary where they taught us to use unusual ink.

Penny

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 3 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(ethuil @ Feb 3 2012, 06:09 PM) *
I must've missed the day in seminary where they taught us to use unusual ink.

Penny

There's a seminary?

Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 8 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #12

Plot Dump NPC

I think you probably called it something different, Rus.

Anyway, I've managed to do a little more scrying. I still haven't found anything out about the event itself; I think because it's not happening yet. We can infer a few things from what I have found out though.

My amulet is what I've managed to learn a little more about - it means that when the person wearing it enters Haven, they will not be able to regain spirits whilst meditating there. It only works if it's been worn for half an hour before entering Haven, and worn whilst within.

What this suggests to me, and I could be utterly wrong here, is that the problem will be with the power we draw on from Haven or the act of drawing on it from within.

I'll let you know as soon as/if I find out anything else.

Penny

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Feb 12 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 39

I thought it worth mentioning that while assisting others with a number of mercenary tasks today we came upon a priest of the Raven. He was unfortunately slain, but of course they have strongly held beliefs that differ sharply from our own.

In addition there must be many who have made choices that mean our way of life is anathema to their beliefs - Priests of St Michael, Humakt, Lybonrehc and doubtless many more hold grudges for the healing of their foes.

I am truly delighted at the prospect of meeting you all face to face, and only wish it could be under less worrying circumstances.

In peace,

Aradesh

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Feb 14 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 48

I'm very sorry to intrude. My Lady Nienna drew my attention to a problem your Church might have, and suggested that I might be able to help the faithful of the Lady Shaehan, whom she holds so dear. I would be happy to, if there are no objections.

I shall meet you all on Sunsday, unless told otherwise.

Many thanks - walk with mercy,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #15

Group:

Ignatius, it is good to see you supporting the work of the followers of Shaehan once again. I will sadly not be there to see you in person, as I am tending to some sick beggars at the moment and do not feel I can leave them. If you are bringing your magical friend, I would request that you keep him on a slightly tighter reign this time. I still have nightmares about the fate of that poor witch.

Our Ladies be with you.

Ezra

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Feb 14 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #16

Hero

Dear Ezra,

I'm sorry that Jericho's behaviour upset you. I'm sure that was not his intent, and know that he would be sorry to hear it. Believe me when I say that he was being extraordinarily restrained for most of the day.

In any event, I do not propose that he join me on this occasion. In general, I think we all agree that the opinions of the more militant end of the Church of the Lady of the Stars probably do not fit well with the outlook of you and yours.

All my very best wishes,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
post Feb 14 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Group:

You know me, I'm up for a rumble... But how are we going to slip fellas who aren't us in?
or have I missed the point?
Really BIG bags with a bless cast on them so the boss can't see in?

And I'll ask around, see if anyone knows this Stephan fella.
I know that seer bird answered every question the world could ever ask but sometimes people just talk when they shouldn't and it's hard to imagine someone somewhere doesn't know something on a job like this...

ta

Melesh

[PSSST: Iggy - are you bringing an ethereal blade???]

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Feb 14 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #18

Hero

Melesh,

I trust that my Lady would not send me to help you if I could be of no use. Perhaps, if you must travel to your Haven, I can use a different road - or be of use to you elsewhere. I do not know.

As for ethereal blades, I do not use them, having other means to defend myself. I will, of course, do my very utmost to harm nothing if at all possible. However many times you may 'psst' me.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 14 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 574

Our lady has called me back to haven from Arvalaths cradle which can only mean she has found other uses for me, if she intends me to help in this then I will see you all Sunsday, if I am sent elsewhere I'll ensure some supplies are sent down in my place.

In Peace

Reason

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 14 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #20

Plot Dump NPC

I'm going to scry to see if I can work out how we can allow you temporary entrance to Haven, Ignatius - as well as anyone else who's helping and can't usually get in. I'll let everyone know what I find, if anything, as soon as I do.

It will be lovely to see you again, much as I wish it wasn't for the reason it is.

Penny

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins