Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brain picking
whiteknight
post Jul 22 2019, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472

As my shoulder finally enters the last few weeks of re-hab I am hoping to get down again soon.

Don't fancy leaping back into Sh*t's level of 8K plus even with the temptation of a Thursday.

Thinking about starting a Paladin - haven't played one for 30 years.

How are people playing them nowadays? Any tips? Are they played as more party tolerant of evil etc now?

I don't really fancy a church, not yet. Would rather go E as am [----] with a shield and don't have a B sword. Chainmail only as I am too screwed to wear heavier........will be starting from 4th as just want some fun to ease back in.

Ta muchly.

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 7K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 325 points
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 22 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 446

Dave played a paladin from Lady of the Stars on Tuesday last - very militant, very eager to kill wrong-doers. I liked the "in your face" approach. So there is some capacity for fascist paladins still so I would say anything goes.
I guess the question is whether a paladin of this ilk would allow evil to exist in the mercenary community. I guess the "uphold the law" part of the role-play would kick-in.

Either way, at lower levels, playing something that has strong role-play core is great - I say at lower levels because it will get you killed (a lot) but don't let that deter you. Obviously, at higher levels, things get blurred and vitae runs out but at lower levels, I think the fascist paladin still has a role and lots of fun associated with it.

David

+Quote Post
miles
post Jul 22 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 142

Paladins can go either way nice or nutter, but the best ever ones pick a style and stick to it no matter what the situation then just enjoy the fun of causing party chaos in the name of light

Miles

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

Apply rule 7 and don't overthink it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 01:14 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins