IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Chains of lightning upgrade - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chains of lightning upgrade, The standard ability cost/table/name ++
Jan
post May 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #21

Bridgewarden

Group: Members
Member No.: 238

Ive played a bolt wizard, Ive played a support crowd control character, I've played a causing priest, I've played a mystic. I really dont believe that casters should be able to maintain the output of damage that a melee type can, at range, for an extended duration. Despite my past whining that they should.

The game is one of heroic interaction. champions strutting forth. when more than one or two players are doing a lot of pointing and shouting the game receeds from immersion into auditory accounting. Casters should occasionally dump their load on a big bad and it should (if well set) go splat and everyone goes "woooo!" and thus they make their difference, or they should cause environmental things to happen which alter the flow of the game.

That said the endemic setting of wave encounters makes the whole thing a bit pointless. If you use power to kill a monster only for it to come back 10 seconds later as the next incarnation, then its power wasted.

--------------------
Jan McManus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MorZak
post Jul 18 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #22

Levy

Member No.: 329

post removed =)

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jul 15 2014, 09:53 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

An OLD post this... but to check - this is the right name for the ability "Spell Mastery - Storm Caller" to effectively remove the 1/10s restriction on stormcaller (40pts, T8)

QUOTE(Rob @ May 18 2011, 01:53 PM) *
I have just found it

T8 40 points - spell mastery storm caller

Rob

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 15 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #24

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Alasdair @ Jul 15 2014, 10:53 PM) *
An OLD post this... but to check - this is the right name for the ability "Spell Mastery - Storm Caller" to effectively remove the 1/10s restriction on stormcaller (40pts, T8)

Yes.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins